<$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'll be

"I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be your love suicide
and I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life..."

For me, these words from the chorus of Edwin McCain's song, "I'll Be" are one of the most honest declaration of love. It's like saying forever without being overly chessy. It's assurance of being there at bad times without the pressure of swearing, It's pledging to be better without the promise of being perfect, It's saying forever without the usual naive, flowery representations.

I first heard this song in 1999. and since then it has grown to be a very big hit. Friends relate to it, and lovers everywhere made it their own. The radio broadcasts has mellowed, and its popularity I guess is fading. But it's still one of the best songs i'll never grow tired with. Maybe the fact that it is sang by a rocker is a plus.

Anyway, if you're one of those who has been in the moon for the last eight years and have no idea of this song, or just someone who like me can't really get tired of this song, then it's time to relish it once again... enjoy. :)