<$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Power of THREE

...Or whatever it's called. No, it's not CHARMED. It's just a meme tagged to me by Eric (a.k.a Senor Enrique). Had a little bit of time after taking lunch this afternoon so i answered it while drinking coffee.

3 things that scare me:
- Not being able to care and help people that matters most to me
- prostitutes
- dying without making a difference

3 people who can make me laugh:
- My son
-
Ricky Gervais
- pretentious people who thinks they're so special and is somewhat glorified by a bunch of suckers

3 things I love:
- My family
- Allan Moore and Frank Miller graphic novels
- Some clean empty sheets of nice white paper to write, draw and put ideas with

3 things I hate:
- war
- people who brands comics as "children's books" ( children's book my ass) and comic artists as "some cartoonist".
- parents who breeds too much but are not responsible and incapable of tending to their kids' growing needs, from the very basic of food, clothig, shelter and education.

3 things I don't understand:
- why MacDonalds just throw away tons of unconsumed food daily when there are so many people in the world dying from hunger
- women with pms
- people associating club drinking with having GROs

3 things on my desk:
- Piles of papers (drawings, correspondence, printouts)
- pencil and multi-point filt-tip pens
- some pictures

3 things I'm doing right now:
- Thinking if I'm going to have another cup of coffee after downing the 4th cup just now
- Drafting the revised landscape working drawings for an india project
- Answering this, of course

3 things I wish to do before I die:
- Publish my very own 300-page graphic novel
- See my son in a professional football league (he likes to play)
- To know that I've made a significance to the lives of people that means to me and in turn realize their collective contribution to my growth as an individual

3 things I can do:
- draw
- love
- telling anyone in their face what they are

3 ways to describe my personality:
- quite (though i'm often labeled arrogant because I don't talk too much)
- plain but never boring
- simple but creative

3 things people might not know about me:
- I used to teach Architecture classes part- time in two colleges in Cagayan de Oro while having architectural job full- time (before coming here in Singapore)
- Had a huge, huge crush on Jennifer Conelly as a teenager in the movie "Labyrinth". The movie also featured David Bowie.
- Bought my first record at 6th grade. America's "One in a Million" album. Played it over and over again especiallythe track "I don'r believe in Miracles". My parents got so fed and sick with it they hid it.

3 things I can't do:
- I don't drive 4- wheels. The only one in my siblings who don't. i've had an accident in high school that nearly killed me and it serves as a reminder to me everytime I took the wheel.
- stop admiring beauty
- fuck around

3 things I think you should listen to:
- Collin Raye, Direct Hits Album
- Gut
- your baby's laughter

3 things I don't think you should listen to ever:
- thigs that are contrary to your own belief
- other people's business
- People who propagate other people's business (Uzi's)

3 of my absolute favorite foods:
- Native chicken Adobo
- Chinese Fried Rice
- Grilled porkribs on soysauce/vinegar/chili/tomato/union sauce

3 things I'd like to learn:
- Play the guitar
- Dance like Fred Astair
- Pilot a plane

3 beverages I drink regularly(excluding water):
- beer
- coffee
- carbonated drinks

3 shows I watched when I was a child:
- The Fall Guy
- Superfriends
- Akira Korusawa movies

3 people I have tagged to do this meme:
Man this is hard... Since i don't really want to bother other people.
Okay, I'm tagging these people. But it won't be compulsory.

- Neil (he's in Spain, but i don't really read a lot about him personally other than his escapades and parties. :)
- Melaine (The party wife and fellow Bisaya in Doha)
- Tintin (sorry, I guess I'd have to get back at you. hehehe)