<$BlogMetaData$>

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Photographs and Memories

Pictures indeed paint a thousand words. In old pictures case, brings back faded memories. I just found out days ago that Jean has kept pictures of the both of us-- taken when we were both kids. I guess she asked my pictures form my mother and didn't tell me anything about it, and to think she had it for years. Boy, it's fun to see old pictures. And the best thing about it is that you can remember what's the ocassion when the photograph was taken and what you did that moment.

These pictures (below) were posted side by side in the album. They were taken on the same year, and has only a difference of about two months. The first one was taken March '84(school closing ceremony-- I was fininshing grade 3) and the second picture was taken May '84(they were in 'Flores de Mayo' or 'Flowers of May' costume). First picture has four persons( me and my younger borthers), the second has five (with Jean and her sister ans cousins). In both pictures we wore uniforms (the only thing is that me and my brothers wears different colour of shirt but the same kind). The first one was shot with the statue of Sto. Nino (the child Jesus) as backdrop, while the second one was shot in front of an altar.

It's amazing to see these pictures now laying side by side in Jean's album. and to think they were taken 10 years before I came to meet my wife.



Me & my younger brothers at our old school


Jean (extreme right) with her sister and cousins