<$BlogMetaData$>

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Simple heaven

I used to frown at the saying that "Some of the best things in life are free". I thought nah, you always have to shell out dough if you wanted the best things and the best service. I remember how I save allowance and grab at any chance of sideline work when I was still studying just to have money for dates and to buy a new pair of Levi's or a new Nike sneakers. Now that these things are not a problem anymore, they stopped existing as "the best" and my thinking moved on to a better house or acquiring a car.

I was wrong. There are things that are more precious yet, you don't have to spend a dime. Things that are intangible yet means so much-- like time with family and vert close friends.

Below is a video I took while my son played with his toys. He's the only child in the house and because of work we cannot get him to the playground always. So he gets by with playing in the bedroom. and it's just amazing how he gives me new lessons in happiness each passing day.

Related post:
A walk in the clouds
Into the River