<$BlogMetaData$>

Monday, October 03, 2005

Chelsea Defeated Liverpool


I watched sunday night football and it really turned out to be very frustrating. I was talking about the match between Premier League big guns Chelsea and Liverpool. Though I admire the style and individual players of the former(and their very vocal portuguese manager), my heart has always been a Red fan. When Frank Lampard netted through Liverpool defense, i thought it would be the beginning of the embrassment. But Gerrard did equalize in the 36th minute and the scoresheet remained even up to the half break. I thought it wasn't so bad afterall, if Liverpool cannot beat Chelsea, then at least a 1-1 draw is all the fans can hope for (similar to the two team's champions' league clash last week that produced a lacklustre 0-0 draw). But Damien duff ruined my early celebration in the second half when he found the net. Then Joe cole and Geremi completed the humiliating 4-1 trashing.If you're a chelsea fan, it could have been fantastic seeing your favorite club crush the European champions like that. but then again, if you root for the Merseysiders, you would have a feeling like mine after watching the match. But then again, it was a good game of football. And irregardless of who's side I am, i still enjoyed a top- notched game worth watching.