<$BlogMetaData$>

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I got Mailed!

Imagine my surprise last night when I got home and found this in my mailbox! It's ELMER No.2 sent to me by ELMER creator and pal, Gerry Alanguilan. This comicbook was one of the reason why I wanted to attend last October's KOMIKON and it's really a blast having it now. Gerry has messaged me recently that he'll be sending me a complimetary copy since he used my fanart at the interior of the book, but I didn't knew I'd have it this soon.

Just like the first book, ELMER no.2 ilicit a kind of feeling that makes you sad but happy at the same time. The book is well thought of, well crafted and the art faithfully complimented the story. It has that of the unique, yet with a familiar touch, almost personal kind of approach. I never thought in my wildest dreams that a chicken's face can be made with so much emotion as such that would make my heart sympathise and make me want to cry too. But this book did.

Though I kind of think that the time span of the years the chickens got talking and their present stature of acceptance by the homo sapiens seems to be a bit short, it didn't stopped me from enjoying this rollickingly good minicomics. And for the price of 50 pesos ($0.95), it's really a steal.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, GERRY!!! Now I have both books 1 and 2!