<$BlogMetaData$>

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Remembering Vincent Kua Jr.

I just found out today from other' artist blogs and forums that the great filipino artist VINCENT KUA JR. passed away. Vincent was considered a superstar in the Philippine komiks scene before the industry crashed in the late 90's and lately been an in-house artist for ABS-CBN's magazine "Nginig". His drawings and stories are one of my influences in drawing growing up. I have never known him personally but I really felt a loss within me. Another master of the art succumed to the Grim Ripper's blade.

My condolences to Mr. Kua's family and relatives. Sir, salamat sa inspirasyon at alay ninyong talento. Magsisilbi kayong gabay at alab sa puso naming mga artist na naghahanap ng kanlungan at silbi sa masalimuot at magulong mundo ng sining.

To those people who have never been previleged to see a Vincent Kua masterpiece, you can see some at his website: http://www.freewebs.com/vincentkuajr/gallery.htm

A sample of Mr. Kua's work: