<$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Better late than never

I just finished reading Superman: Birthright, written by Mark Waid and superbly penciled and inked by two of the hottest Filipino artists in the international scene now, Leinil Yu and Gerry Alanguilan (Gerry hosts a message board that I frequently visit). Actually this was long overdue since the series ender did hit the stands a year ago. Too bad it’s not released simultaneously here in Singapore. I had to rely with my brother sending me copies for me to read the 12-part series.

I don’t want to critic it since I’ve enjoyed it so much and the last two panels kind of touched me personally (Maybe it’s this “parent” thing. I’ve been mushier ever since I became a father two years ago). You will know what I mean if you have read the book.

Anyway, a very late kudos to my kababayans. And as a very old saying goes, better late that never.