<$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Greatest 5 HITS

This is actually a meme from Carey. It called for me to post the best post (this is subjective in every way, of course, since I'm viewing this in my own perspective) from Five bloggers that I'd chose in my blogroll. It's hard since it's like you're being asked to chose a greatist hits from all your favourite singers. What I did is just point randomly and did what I picked. If they were already tagged by others, I just exclude them.

Anyway, Here's the ever-enforced rules:

1. Choose five blogs randomly from your blogroll.
2. For each blog, choose at least one entry (you could add more) which is your favorite post by this blogger.
3. Include a link to this post and explain why you like it.
4. The chosen five bloggers are considered tagged and they will also have to do the same in their blogs.

So here's my take:

1.Insightful Personhood (Aly)
Favourite post: Expectations
Reason: Amidst a world that taks about women empowerment and feminism, it's refreshing to know that there are still women who choose to be homemakers and never regret a second for giving up their career for family.

2. Under the Canopy (Ipanema)
Favourite post: Pole Dancing is Fun
Reason: I guess because this post made me laugh. And I hardly laugh reading blogs-- moreso if it's this anonymous gal's blog. When I go there and read, I expect hard-line current events. So thumbs up for a refreshing read.

3. Gentle & Compassionate (Ghee)
Favourite Post: Cold War on Valentines' Day
Reason: I like how Ghee demonstrated that Valentines' Day is not just about partners and passion. That it's also about bonding with daughters (in her case, shopping!)--about family. Something that I can really relate well.
4. Warmstone (Bing)
Favourite Post: More than the Days of the Calendar Month
Reason: Again, I think I like this most because it's about family and about loving someone irregardless of time and age. Remind me of Adam Sandler's Grow Old with You. And, it has a poem too, and the real bright smiles that has weathered tests through times.

5. Wish You were Here (SeƱor Enrique)
Favourite Post: Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Reason: Eric is a prolific blogger who draws from experiences and nostalgia and elicit emotions from his readers. it's really hard to pinpoint one post that I like since I like so many from this guy's proses. I chose this post among the rest since I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd and this guy was the subject of maybe my most favourite song of the band, Wish You were Here-- A song that I associate with someone i lose and still gets me emotional whenever I hear it.