<$BlogMetaData$>

Friday, August 18, 2006

Moments: Miracle and fairy tales




"Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life."
-- anonymous

People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves... and THIS. The black, curious eyes of my child. The inexplicable feeling everytime you hold someone so fragile and so precious in your arms. This is my miracle.

Most of us never really grow up or mature all that much -- we simply grow taller. Or wiser, if you may. Sure, we laugh less and play less and wear uncomfortable disguises like adults, but beneath the costume is the child we always are, whose needs are simple, whose daily life is still best described by fairy tales.