<$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Funny Komiks

Funny komiks is one of the most identifiable pinoy komiks ever, especially to the kids of yesteryears. Sadly, Philippine komiks industry crashed down in the late 90's and never recovered since. And Funny komiks, like other titles that's been in the market since the early 60's ceased publication. Funny Komiks was an intergral part of my childhood. It was one of my most favourite local comicbook and I made sure I have a copy of each weekly issue. It's iconic characters, "Superkat" and later on "Superdog" has always been an inspiration for me in drawing. They were gone now, and so are my boxes of komiks collections which gave way to termite infestation. But of course, a thing's value, even if it's all but gone will always remain in the heart of those who valued it. And this komiks will always have a place in mine...

I was grade six when this issue came out. (check out the price)...