<$BlogMetaData$>

Monday, May 09, 2005

A month's Overdue

and there's a joke that goes like this...

A young husband comes home one night, and his wife throws her arms around his neck:"Darling, I have great news: I'm a month overdue. I think we're going to have a baby! The doctor gave me a test today, but until we find out for sure, we can't tell anybody." The next day, a guy from the electric company rings the doorbell, because the young couple haven't paid their last bill, asks :"Are you Mrs.Smith? You're a month overdue, you know!""How do YOU know ???? " stammers the young woman."Well, ma'am, it's in our files!" says the man from the electric company."What are you saying? It's in YOUR FILES????? ""Absolutely.""Well, let me talk to my husband about this tonight."That night, she tells her husband about the visit, and he, mad as a bull, rushes to the electric company offices the first thing the next morning."What's going on here? You have it on file that my wife is a month overdue? What business is that of yours?" the husband shouts.Just calm down," says the clerk, "it's nothing serious. All you have to do is pay us.""PAY YOU ???? And what if I refuse?""Well, in that case, sir, we'd have no option but to cut you off.""CUT ME OFF ???? And what would my wife do then?" the husband asks."I don't know. I guess she'd have to use a candle...."